Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm in love with Eat Pray Love!








Two words; LOVE IT!

~ I gotta tell ya, at first, I couldn't get into this book. I liked the way she wrote, funny; easy going but I just couldn't get into it. Perhaps reading late at night, just before bed and about halfway through my 2nd glass of red wine (love that time of day) wasn't the best time to be reading this one. Anyway, just about 1/3 way through the book when she was just about all the way through Italy (she is traveling; don't worry you know this from reading the back cover) she wrote about how she arrived in Italy, both physically and emotionally and how she was now leaving Italy both physically and emotionally; and in those few words, that is when it happened, I fell in love with her and the book! Fantastic. Did I say, I loved it? Ok, just want to make sure.

If you don't' know this, again, you can read the back cover: Liz (the author) goes on a spiritually journey to three countries; Italy (eat), India (pray) and Indonesia (love). I loved India the most. As I talked to others who had read the book, and yes they loved it too, it was interesting to see what part/place they liked best. Not everyone loved India as much as I did, in fact, a young co-worker of mine was bored by her travels there. I had not yet read that part and didn't give it much thought. This co-worker of mine just adored Lis's travels and experiences through Italy and Indonesia. After reading it myself, I thought, hmmmm...there it is again, that perspective thing. If we are open to it, we will realize so much not only how we see things but also how others see things. Being open to others' perspective teaches us (or at least me) so much about myself and the those that I share space with, both personally and professionally.

Okay, back to the book. For me, India was such a wonderful journey that I just might have to re-read it. I am having a book club planning meeting with my wonderful group (love those ladies) and I am going to suggest that we read this one. I have so many of the pages folded down to go back and re-read. One of my favorite parts is what she says about her Nephew and God. As I am on my own spiritual journey, that was such a powerful moment for me as I felt like; AHHHHH, yes, this is God; I get it! (and yes, I cried)

L-O-V-E this book for all of the delightful gifts it gave me. I hope you read it, love it, but mostly, I hope that you find eye opening AH-HA moments in it and are inspired by the many wonderful messages that are sprinkled throughout the book.

~ Happy reading
and enjoy the journey,
Col

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm going to get this one! You're the 3rd person who has raved about it.

Jess said...

I've had this book and started it twice, and could not get into it. Like you, I was usually on my second glass of wine:) Thanks for the great review of it - you have encouraged me to try it again. It has gotten such wonderful reviews, so I look forward to another attempt.

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

I really liked that book and told all my friends to run out and buy it. I don't remember the nephew part. What was that?

forcryeye said...

I have been dying to read this book. I must get it. Every book you have recommended has been a favorite!

Martha said...

Col,

I just LOVED this book too!!! I like the first part of the book where she explains her beliefs, because I'm just like her. Except I don't feel the need to go on her extensive journey.

But she is such a neat, open person. I like neat, open people :)

Kris Tex said...

I am so happy that you loved the book. It is all about timing when you read this one (remember). When I told you about this book before I left I wasn't sure you would like it. It makes me so happy that I could share the same inspiration that I felt and that you could take with you. Keep it with you always.

forcryeye said...

Listen lady, the idea of a blog is to visit your friends blog every once in a while too, ya know.