Saturday, May 26, 2012

Different side of my shadow

I dislike the back-door, behind-the-scenes positioning that can go one with others. Yes, I know it is necessary but some of the behaviors around it are not.


I dislike the hush when you walk into a room, the subtle exchange of looks and eyebrow raises. Yes, I know what you are thinking, “it’s not all about you” and for the record, I didn’t say or think it was.

I dislike the hesitation in others when I ask them a question or the careful word-dance around a subject yet they ask for me to share, be open and honest. I say, be forthcoming if you really want to share.

I can feel the tension in the air and no this is not because I’m sensitive but because I’m intuitive.

I will approach the next few months with attributes that I value; be authentic, be present, be useful, and be accepting. I need to work on the last one the most…be accepting of not only myself but of others.

No comments: